WE ARE BACK TO CONTACT LESS CONSULTING due to another 7 day lock down! 😞
We are sure you all know our protocols inside and out by now, but here they are again.!
Thank you for your patience, understanding and support as we move back to contact less consulting on Monday 20th September. We too, understand that this makes your consultation process a lot longer, but please know that each and every one of our staff members are doing their absolute best to carry out our jobs and look after your furry friends.
Please be respectful and patient with our staff at all times
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
• Our doors will now be locked, but we are still here!
* Please be patient with all of our staff, as they will be under a lot more pressure.
* When you arrive at the clinic please call us on
(03) 5275-4575 for Corio clients and
(03) 5282-3243 for Lara clients.
• A staff member will then come and collect your pet.
• Your pet will be taken into a consulting room for their appointment with the vet.
• The vet will then call you on your mobile for a full history and talk with you during the examination of your pet.
• Once the consultation is complete, we will advise the total amount, in which we will then come out to your car with the eftpos machine (as we prefer cashless payments)
• Your animal will be returned to your car along with any medications and instructions.
* These rules apply if you are collecting food or medication too.
* if you already have an appointment and you are unable to attend, please be considerate of others and cancel your appointment, as spaces are limited.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during this difficult and trying times. Unfortunately, we are having to carry out these drastic measures to ensure we are keeping our staff and clients as safe as we possibly can. , 🐾
A little explanation.....
You may have noticed that recently we’ve reduced our hours or in some circumstances closed one clinic on certain days. We would like to offer a short explanation for this and provide some insight into both our clinics and the veterinary industry as a whole as to why this has been necessary.
Currently the veterinary industry is experiencing a nationwide veterinarian shortage. Our once thriving industry has been severely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, and we are facing a future with no relief yet in sight. This is an unprecedented event which has affected our clinics immensely and meant that some very tough decisions have needed to be made to ensure the continuation of our clinics into the future. In the past we have relied on both domestic and international veterinarians, but due to the pandemic we have not been able to fill many position vacancies meaning we have been running with far fewer staff than is needed. At the same time, demand for veterinary services has never been higher, so this has put immense pressure on all of our staff as we try to remain open and available to our clients and their pets whilst maintaining an excellent level of patient care.
We ask for your consideration and understanding that we are often going to be booked out days in advance for appointments, and weeks in advance for routine surgery appointments.
We appreciate that your animals don't choose when to become unwell or injured and will continue to do our best to accommodate for these emergency situations.
It is our hope that the industry can soon return to what it once was, and that we can be back to full capacity in the near future.
Corio & Lara Veterinary Clinics